LONDON (Reuters) – A father mistakenly declared dead after going missing eight years ago has been reunited with his family after his son spotted him on television, police said on Thursday.
The family of John Delaney thought he had died when he disappeared in April 2000. They held a funeral and cremation after police found what they thought was his body three years later.
But Delaney, 71, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, had in fact been admitted to hospital in a confused state 10 days after he was reported missing.
Suffering from amnesia caused by a head injury, he couldn’t give police any clues about his name, address or family.
When further police checks failed to uncover his identity, he was given the new name David Harrison and handed over to social services. They put him in a care home where he stayed for the next eight years.
- Good Boy, Good B…BOOM!
- That Sure Came in Hand-y!
- Kim Jung (really is) Il
- Be-be-be-de-be-deee…..That’s ALL Folks!
- But Did He Mow the Lawn?
- I’ll Bet *THAT* Was Worth $10!
- Well, THAT Had to Be a Pain in the Ass…
- A Turkey Dinner Gone Afowl!
- Usually They Break OUT of Prison, Dood!
- A Different Kind of Crime With OJ