A Northamptonshire man’s last wish has been honoured – when his ashes were buried in the pub where he spent nearly all of his life.
Former landlord Jack Woodward’s remains lie beneath a flagstone with a plaque saying: “Stand here and have a drink on me.”
He was born in the 17th-century Boat Inn, worked there since he was 14 and lived there until shortly before his death in May, aged 83.
Jack’s will said he wanted his ashes to remain in the public bar as his final resting place.
Eldest son Andrew, 52, who now runs the pub at Stoke Bruerne, near Towcester, said: “Dad is in an oak casket exactly where he wanted to be.
“He was born in the pub and spent almost his whole life here. He used to sit in the bar quite a bit. It was where he would have a drink with some of the regulars.”
- Good Boy, Good B…BOOM!
- That Sure Came in Hand-y!
- Kim Jung (really is) Il
- Be-be-be-de-be-deee…..That’s ALL Folks!
- But Did He Mow the Lawn?
- I’ll Bet *THAT* Was Worth $10!
- Well, THAT Had to Be a Pain in the Ass…
- A Turkey Dinner Gone Afowl!
- Usually They Break OUT of Prison, Dood!
- A Different Kind of Crime With OJ