A US teenager notched up a record 14,528 text messages in one month – 484 a day or one for every two minutes she was awake.
Reina Hardesty, 13, told her parents: “I just like to talk” after they received a 440-page phone bill, reports the Daily Mail.
Luckily, she had been signed up to a contract allowing unlimited texting or her bill would have been £1,940.
Reina’s father Greg told her story in the Orange Country Register, the newspaper in California where he is a reporter.
One consolation was that the total included messages received as well as sent. Reina’s use of her mobile has now been restricted.
Reina admitted she has four close friends that she is constantly texting.
“I don’t think there really is a point,” she added on her mother’s Facebook page. “It’s just fun to talk.”
- Good Boy, Good B…BOOM!
- That Sure Came in Hand-y!
- Kim Jung (really is) Il
- Be-be-be-de-be-deee…..That’s ALL Folks!
- But Did He Mow the Lawn?
- I’ll Bet *THAT* Was Worth $10!
- Well, THAT Had to Be a Pain in the Ass…
- A Turkey Dinner Gone Afowl!
- Usually They Break OUT of Prison, Dood!
- A Different Kind of Crime With OJ