When Goats Go Bad….

NORWALK, Iowa (AP) – Firefighters said goats may have started a fire that destroyed a home near Norwalk in central Iowa. The fire broke out early Tuesday. Three people escaped unharmed.

John Hadley said his cat woke up him up, and he saw smoke coming from a ceiling. Hadley then woke up his ailing mother and her companion and got them out of the house.

Assistant Northern Warren County Fire Chief Kevin Dingman said the fire may have been started by some goats kept in a shed attached to the rear of the house.

He said a space heater was kept in the shed to keep the goats warm, and the goats may have knocked it over, starting the fire.

The goats and a family dog were rescued, but the cat was missing.

Link

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s