BARNSTABLE, Mass. (AP) – A Massachusetts man who walked into a police station and asked for help removing a pair of handcuffs dangling from one wrist ended up wearing another pair instead.
Barnstable, Mass., police Sgt. Sean Sweeney said 21-year-old Allahmanamjad (el-ah-MAN’-a-jahd) Barbel showed up Tuesday claiming he couldn’t get off the cuffs his sister slipped on him at a child’s birthday party.
Police ran Barbel’s name through the state warrant system and discovered he had outstanding warrants on charges of driving with a suspended license, leaving the scene of an accident, threatening to commit a crime and making annoying phone calls.
Sweeney said police removed the cuffs – then slipped on a new pair to arrest him.
They never confirmed his story about the party.
- Good Boy, Good B…BOOM!
- That Sure Came in Hand-y!
- Kim Jung (really is) Il
- Be-be-be-de-be-deee…..That’s ALL Folks!
- But Did He Mow the Lawn?
- I’ll Bet *THAT* Was Worth $10!
- Well, THAT Had to Be a Pain in the Ass…
- A Turkey Dinner Gone Afowl!
- Usually They Break OUT of Prison, Dood!
- A Different Kind of Crime With OJ