VERACRUZ, Mexico (AP) – A Mexican state water company worker has sewn his lips together to draw attention to his five-year fight to get a promotion. The man used a needle and thread to put five stitches through his lips in front of the water company headquarters in the eastern city of Veracruz.
He handed a statement to reporters on Monday saying he has pleaded his case before several state institutions but only received unfulfilled promises.
The man has been a laborer at the company for 18 years and has been seeking an office job since 2004.
Water company labor-union leader Angelica Navarette dismissed the man as a troublemaker whose demands are unfounded. She said the company has offered him better benefits but he refuses to compromise.
- Good Boy, Good B…BOOM!
- That Sure Came in Hand-y!
- Kim Jung (really is) Il
- Be-be-be-de-be-deee…..That’s ALL Folks!
- But Did He Mow the Lawn?
- I’ll Bet *THAT* Was Worth $10!
- Well, THAT Had to Be a Pain in the Ass…
- A Turkey Dinner Gone Afowl!
- Usually They Break OUT of Prison, Dood!
- A Different Kind of Crime With OJ