A Chinese man lost his hand when it was ripped off at the wrist during a tug-of-war contest.
Mr Shi, 30, of Shenzen, joined the beach tug of war competition with more than 100 of his colleagues.
“I had done tug-of-war before. It was all fun and safe,” he told the Guangzhou Daily newspaper.
Entrants were divided into teams of five with Shi taking up the back position on his team. To stabilise himself, he wrapped the rope around his wrist and threw the loose end over his shoulder.
His match was heading for a draw when members of the audience started helping both teams to try to end the stalemate – without noticing Shi’s hand trapped in the rope.
“I called on people to stop, but my voice was too quiet to be noticed,” he said.
The competition was eventually halted when people noticed Shi holding up his damaged limb.
- Good Boy, Good B…BOOM!
- That Sure Came in Hand-y!
- Kim Jung (really is) Il
- Be-be-be-de-be-deee…..That’s ALL Folks!
- But Did He Mow the Lawn?
- I’ll Bet *THAT* Was Worth $10!
- Well, THAT Had to Be a Pain in the Ass…
- A Turkey Dinner Gone Afowl!
- Usually They Break OUT of Prison, Dood!
- A Different Kind of Crime With OJ